The Matrix Trilogy Quotes


Quotes from The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. I hope that you enjoy...

The Matrix

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure. [Agent Smith]

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. [Morpheus]

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human. [Mouse]

Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. [Spoon boy]

What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets? [Neo]

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. [Morpheus]

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you. [Neo]

I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about? [Morpheus]

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. [Morpheus]


Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. [Morpheus]

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? [Morpheus]

You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss. [Cypher]

You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind. [Morpheus]

Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization. [Agent Smith]

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it. [Morpheus]

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. [Morpheus]

Guns. Lots of guns. [Neo]

"...Keanu Reeves stars in an explosive sci-fi adventure about a man
who comes to believe that his everyday world
is the product of a computer-driven digital matrix that feeds on humans..."
See More Detail

The Matrix Reloaded

Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without. [Merovingian]

Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it. I stand here, before you now, truthfully unafraid. Why? Because I believe something you do not? No, I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me. I remember that for 100 years we have fought these machines. I remember that for 100 years they have sent their armies to destroy us, and after a century of war I remember that which matters most... We are still here! Today, let us send a message to that army. TOnight, let us shake this cave. Tonight, let us tremble these halls of earth, steel, and stone, let us be heard from red core to black sky. Tonight, let us make them remember, THIS IS ZION AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID! [Morpheus]

You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated. [The Architect]

But, as you well know, appearances can be deceiving, which brings me back to the reason why we're here. We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist. [Agent Smith]

I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant. [The Architect]

Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness. [The Architect]

I killed you, Mr. Anderson. I watched you die... with a certain satisfaction, I might add. Then something happened. something that I knew was impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mr. Anderson. After that, I understood the rules, I knew what I was supposed to do, but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey. And now, here I stand because of you, Mr. Anderson. Because of you, I'm no longer an Agent of this system. Because of you, I've changed. I'm unplugged. A new man, so to speak. Like you, apparently, free. [Agent Smith]

Still using all the muscles except the one that matters? [Agent Smith]

No, what happened, happened and couldn't have happened any other way. [Morpheus]
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect. [Merovingian]

You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive. [Neo]

"...Neo, Trinity & Morpheus lead revolt against Machine Army
unleashing their arsenal of extraordinary skills & weaponry
against systematic forces of repression & exploitation..."
Watch Trailer

The Matrix Revolutions


What do you think I am? Human? [The Architect]

Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why? Why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting... for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although... only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist? [Agent Smith]

No, it is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies. I see that you are in love. Can you tell me what you would give to hold on to that connection? [Rama-Kandra]

Six hours ago, I was ready to give my life for you. Do you know what has changed in the last six hours? [Trinity]

Wait. I've seen this. I stand here, right here, and I'm supposed to say something. I say, "Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo." [Agent Smith]

The great and powerful Oracle. We meet at last. I suppose you've been expecting me, right? The all-knowing Oracle is never surprised. How can she be, she knows everything. But If that's true, then why is she here? If she knew I was coming, why didn't she leave?... Maybe you knew I was going to do that, maybe you didn't. If you did, that means you baked those cookies and set that plate right there deliberately, purposefully. Which means you're sitting there also deliberately, purposefully. [Agent Smith]

It ends tonight. [Neo]

All right! This is it! Now you all know me, so I'm gonna say this as simply as I can. If it's our time to die, it's our time. All I ask is, if we have to give these bastards our lives... WE GIVE 'EM HELL BEFORE WE DO! [Mifune]

You wanna make a deal? How about this? You give me Neo or we all die, right here, right now. [Trinity]

The only way you're getting through this door is over my big dead ass. [Q-Ball Gang Member]

The program Smith has grown beyond your control. Soon he will spread through this city, as he spread through the matrix. You cannot stop him. But I can. [Neo]

That's the problem with you people. You can't think more than five minutes in front of your faces. That EMP knocked out every piece of hardware, and every APU. If I were the machines, I'd send every sentinel I had over here right now. "Saved the dock" Captain?, you just handed it to them on a silver platter! [Lock]

"...This third installment..."
See More Detail

More Content:

Comments

Popular Posts